Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Hola Mendoza

Midnight in Mendoza....dinner time


So I have arrived safely in Mendoza after several long but very smooth flights. I had a whole row to myself on both flights from Seattle to Dallas and the overnighter to Santiago which made sleeping and relaxing very nice. I also caught an early flight from Santiago to Mendoza which was supposed to be an 8 hour layover and got here at 11 AM rather than late this evening. If all this sounds too good to be true, well that´s because it is hah. Both my checked luggage bags are still in Santiago as they didn´t get trasfered to my newer flight, so here I await their arrival at my hostel where they are ¨supposed¨to be delivered. The funny thing is I don´t think that this is a rare occurance by any means, because almost every person I went through customs with was also joining me at the lost luggage counter, so I guess misery loves company (not that I´m miserable). Anybody looking for future airline suggestions, a note that LAN Airlines does not come very highly recommended by myself. So all and all things are great here in Mendoza, weather is beautiful (sunny and 90 degrees) for all you folks burried in the snow at home. It seems that prices are very affordable and I´m staying at a great hostel for 10 bucks a night. I´m off to try out some local cuisine and perhaps a ciesta.

2 comments:

  1. sounds like not such a bad place to be waiting for your luggage--as opposed to, say, the north pole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keith, i wish you have a good vacation in my country!

    Myriam from Buenos Aires, Argentina

    ReplyDelete